Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Terry and Aaron discussed the ad specialties industry, where the industry is at half way through 2014, and open up the phone lines and chat board to talk to anyone about topics of their choice. We also get to chat with Steve Duccilli is the senior VP of content for ST Media Group about the ad specialties industry. We also had great interaction with the chat board.
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone (Use Coupon code GUYS)
Brief talk about ASI
- Steven Covey filled his room…
- Spent some time after the show one day catching up with our friend Jay Busselle with Affinity Express. Jay has been on with us a couple of times talking CorelDraw. Great presenter.
- Also spent some time with Greg and Todd from Rhinotech. Greg has agreed to come on the show soon to talk about their new transfer product for dark garments.
- And of course got to spend a lot of time with a long time industry friend from ST Publications, Steve Duccilli
Steve Duccilli and the Relationship with ST Media and ASI
Terry: Steve, we’ve both just returned from ASI in Chicago. Tell us about the relationship this year between Screen Printing magazine and ASI.
Aaron: What was your impression of how the partnership worked out this year?
Terry: Anything in particular catch your eye at the event in general?
Aaron: What’s new with Screen Printing magazine these days, and ST Media Group as well?
Terry: Tell our listeners how they can reach you or the magazine.
Steve Duccilli is the senior VP of content for ST Media Group, publishers of Screen Printing and eight other magazines in the signage, graphics, and design industries. Steve has worked as a journalist in the specialty printing industry for more than 25 years and was the editor of Screen Printing in the early 1990s.
Screen Print Magazine
ST Media Group
More ASI talk
- And some old friends too – I was in the Workhorse/Tubelight booth when I wasn’t speaking and got a chance to catch up with Bob Hernandez at Tubelight who’s been doing this garment decorating thing longer than me!!! He was a Nazdar guy way back when I was also in KC running production at Jones & Mitchell.
- Old friend from Sawgrass days, Bob Keller, who is with Marabu North America. Annapolis grad and Naval officer on submarines.
- There were a few screen print manufacturers there, and a couple of DTG in small booths.
- Anxious to hear back from the exhibitors who sell garment decorating equipment
- As I was leaving for the airport, Workhorse was selling the equipment in the booth and another 2 gentlemen who I turned over to Bob Hernandez said they want to add a full screen printing shop to their current facility. Ended with a bang, maybe.
- My seminars at the show
- 3 hour Screen Printing 101 hands-on
- Like the old days when people were in awe of the process
- Long time printers with bad habits – masking tape, pin holes (2 co’s)
- Niche Markets
- Usually directed at decorators, but this time places to sell their products
- Garment Decorating for the Non-Garment Decorator
- Fun to go through it with folks who sell it but had no idea of the process
- 3 hour Screen Printing 101 hands-on
- Jimmy Lamb full rooms – his circle of followers encompasses ASI. Sublimation is not too big a production bite to take for a promotional products person I think.
- Denver NGN Show – July 18th – 19th
- ISS Las Vegas – August 3rd – 5th
- St. Louis NGN Show – August 8th – 9th
- Embroidery Mart Nashville – August 15th – 16th
- Sourcing at MAGIC – August 17th – 20th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – September 13-14, 2014
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – October 4-5, 2014
Terry’s Book – Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,695. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter or Google +. You can also find information over at our You Tube Page.