Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. On this week’s show, our friend Ryan Moor, founder and CEO of Ryonet. Ryan will be talking with us about his new project, Allmade Apparel, and how this venture will create living wage jobs in the U.S. and Haiti, and supporting orphan care and prevention.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past 4 years, 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
- Amazon, Kornit Reach Stock Deal – Amazon has reached a multifaceted agreement with Kornit Digital to acquire nearly three million of the company’s common shares in addition to purchasing what was quoted in a press release as a “large number” of textile printers. Through the agreement, Kornit will deliver its Avalanche 1000 printer as Amazon seeks to expand its production capacity for the Merch program, designed to help its content creator members to produce T-shirts.
Creating Living Wage Jobs with Allmade Apparel
Our guest today is Ryan Moor, founder and CEO of Ryonet, in Vancouver, Washington
- Tell us about the project you are working on to launch a new line of apparel.
- Where did the idea come from?
- Explanation of Global Orphan Project and GOTEX
- Core goals of the social aspects of the project
- How project is helping Haitians – Poverty Inc Documentary / Doing Good Better
- Core goals of the environmental aspects of the project
- stats about pollution created by garment manufacturing
- How this project is lessening the carbon footprint – Let my people go surfing – Patagonia
- Who has been involved with you in the initial organization?
- 10 founding partner screen printers
- Ryonet staff / Other consultants or experts
- How were the founding partner printers chosen, and how are they participating in the project?
- What styles are being initially produced, and how were these chosen?
- Expert consultants involved, expertise of GOTEX members, etc.
- How many garments are being produced in the first production run?
- How will they be available? And how can screen printers and garment decorators get involved?
- Indiegogo, founders
- A barrier to the success of socially responsible and environmentally friendly apparel in the past has been the unavoidable higher price tag. How will the cost of Allmade apparel compare to conventional T-shirts? And how will you overcome price resistance?
- In a best case scenario, what is your vision on where this initial project might lead?
- Where can our listeners find you and find out more about this program?
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – March 11-12
- Sportswear Garage – How to Start a Home-based Garment Decorating Business – DAX Kansas City – March 3
- Being in Control of Your Screen Printing Production Schedule – DAX Kansas City – March 3
- Wide Format Sublimation, Cut and Sew and Other Product Enhancements – DAX Kansas City – March 4
- Using Digital Marketing Without Breaking the Bank – DAX Kansas City – March 4
- Becoming a Direct-to-Garment Decorator in 2017 – ISS Atlantic City Seminar – March 23rd
- Getting Smart with Some Simple Marketing Strategies – ISS Atlantic City Seminar – March 25th
- NBM Arlington Mar 16-18
- ISS Atlantic City Mar 23-25
- DAX Minnesota Mar 31-Apr 1
- ISS Nashville May 18 – 20
- NBM Indianapolis – Jun 1 – 3
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.