Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast from August 2nd, 2013, so you can get more details on some of the items we discussed. This show we brought in an embroidery and digitizing expert, Erich Campbell of Black Duck Embroidery and Screen Printing to tell us what we should know about how to digitize for embroidery.
NNEP Embroidery Mart Show update:
Awesome show and here are some stats from Jennifer Cox from NNEP who we have had on the show before: 1593 People registered to attend Embroidery Mart, an increase of 17% over 2012. 62 Companies exhibited at Embroidery Mart, filling 97 exhibit booths, an increase of 12% over 2012.
***SIDE NOTE – The BBQ place that Aaron likes is called Jack’s, not Duke’s. Check them out if you are in Nashville – http://jacksbarbque.com/***
How to Learn to Digitize for EmbroideryErich Campbell
Erich Campbell joined us and he is a a 13 Year veteran and award-winning digitizer, e-commerce manager and designer / educator. He’s the go-to guy and tech at Black Duck Embroidery and Screen Printing in Albuquerque, NM, one of the Southwest’s largest screen-printing and embroidery firms.
Common questions about embroidery digitizing:
What makes a good digitizer?
How do you know you are working with the right digitizer?
Why would you want to learn, and who makes a good digitizer?
What should you look for in a well-made design?
How do you judge embroidery? What do you look for?
- Design and Marketing Workshop – Coastal Business Supplies in St. Louis – August 23rd
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago, IL – August 24th and 25th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – October 5th and 6th
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) – September 13th
- ISS Las Vegas – August 4th to 6th
- FESPA Mexico – August 15th to 17th
- NGN Connect Show St. Louis – Sept. 6th and 7th
- NBM Philly – September 19th to 21st
This show if for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.