Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We are pleased to welcome back Johnny Shell, who is the Vice President of Technical Services for SGIA to give us an update on the latest happenings in the world of digital textiles. Things are moving very rapidly in that space and Johnny has been keeping up on the changes throughout his travels. He will not only explain what is going on in that space but how those changes can and will affect the world of garment decoration.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org | Don’t miss the 2017 SGIA Expo in New Orleans – Oct 10-12
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
News and Notes
- The 2017 Impressions Awards. The 39th annual contest will be judged at the Fort Worth ISS Show, Sept 22-24. All winners will be featured in the January 2018 issue of Impressions, online in the Impressions Awards & Design Galleries and through Impressions’ Facebook and Twitter social media sites. Winning entries also will be displayed at the Impressions booth at all 2018 ISS events. As always, there is no cost to enter and contestants can enter their work in as many categories as they wish. The deadline for entry is Aug. 15.
- Exostencil™ / OKI Data Toner Screen System – The new Exostencil™ Neenah Paper in partnership with the OKI Data Toner transfer system has been a pretty hot product, and you can get samples from the upcoming NBM Long Beach show. If you have not heard about this yet, the Exostencil™ along with an OKI Data Printer gives you a revolutionary screen prep system that eliminates the chemicals, time and equipment currently needed to make screens. The recommended OKI Data 831-TS and Exostencil™ will be shown at the OKI Data Booth at the upcoming NBM Long Beach Trade Show. Stop by booth 951 during NBM Long Beach and tell them that the 2 Regular Guys sent you. You can learn more about the Exostencil™ process and get some samples. Plus OKI Data will also be showing other digital solutions for garment decoration that is revolutionizing the market. That booth 951, during NBM Long Beach July 20-22.
- I know we have some exciting stuff to cover with regards to Digital Textiles, but can you start us off on another subject that I have talked about here on the show, Skills USA, tell us about SGIA’s involvement with Skills USA and a recap of the recent event.
- What are some of the interesting developments in digital textiles printers both commercial and industrial?
- Hybrid screen and digital machinery
- Pigment ink – will impact every market
- What impact will single-pass industrial digital textiles printers have on the fashion market?
- Garment printers may think these have no relevance to them, are they right?
- Before we let you go, can you tell us a little more about some of the upcoming educational opportunities SGIA is providing this year?
Johnny Shell, who is the Vice President of Technical Services for SGIA to give us an update on the latest happenings in the world of digital textiles. Things are moving very rapidly in that space and Johnny has been keeping up on the changes throughout his travels. He will not only explain what is going on in that space but how those changes can and will affect the world of garment decoration.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Chicago – Aug 5-6
- How to Make Money with Digital Decorating – Mind’s Eye Graphics in Northeast Indiana – Oct 6-7
- IPIC (International Print + Imaging Conference) – Jul 10 – 12
- ASI Chicago – Jul 12 – 13
- NBM Long Beach – Jul 20 – 22
- Embroidery Mart – Nashville Aug 4 – 5
- NBM Secaucus – Aug 17 – 19
- ISS Orlando – Sep 7 – 9
- NBM Denver – Sep 8 – 9
- ISS Ft. Worth – Sep 22 – 24
- SGIA (Specialty Graphic Imaging Association) – Oct 10 – 12
- NBM Charlotte – Oct 26 – 28
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multi-national community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
Siser North America’s new and improved website! Just recently Siser NA’s website was updated with a ton of new colors, helpful tools, and fun things to read. Head over to www.siserna.com and check out for yourself. A new great add-on to the site is the “Cutter Settings”. You will be able to get an idea of how you should have your vinyl cutter set up for each Siser material type. Then find out how each Siser product is applied, with the instructions available right there for you. Have you heard about the EasyPatterns™? There is a whole separate tab that will show all the different printed patterns Siser offers. Then while you’re at it, check out the Siser Blog. Get a great scope of all the “out of the box” ideas you can achieve with Siser HTV!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.