Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast from December 6th, 2013, so you can get more details on some of the items we discussed. Harry Oster the President of Equipment Zone in Franklin Lakes, N.J., joined us to discuss the origins of direct to garment printing and where we stand with this technology today.
Direct to Garment with Harry Oster
Terry’s Disclaimer: I do work at Equipment Zone.
- Harry’s story about how he got into garment decoration.
- Transition to direct-to-garment, first as a dealer, then as a manufacturer.
- About becoming a machine manufacturer.
- Share your thoughts about Epson entering the marketplace.
- How do you think this new Epson printer will impact the rest of the industry?
Where do you see us going with this technology in the future?
- Questions from the Chat JohnnyKillerGraphics: Do you ever see a non-clogging white coming out? Did Epson do anything new there?
About Harry: Harry started a screen printing business out of college, and located in the same community as Precision, eventually ran Precision autos. Eventually Harry took over Precision’s machinery brokerage service. Later he opened Equipment Zone refurbishing and selling automatic presses and dryers. Nine years ago, when direct-to-garment entered the market, Equipment Zone entered that marketplace as well.
First annual industry awards voting is now live. Make sure you get over to vote. The voting end December 19th.
- Best new product in the industry
- Best sales rep from any company
- Best customer service from any company
- Most helpful forum poster on any industry forum
- Best trade show seminar
- Best industry trade show
- Best guest on the 2 Regular Guys Podcast
Be sure to vote HERE.
NBM Los Angeles – January 9th – 11th
PPAI – January 13th – 17th
ISS Long Beach – January 17th to 19th
- “Better Understand Your Customers with the Power of Social Media” ISS Long Beach – January 17th
- “Secrets of Starting a Direct-to-Garment Business” ISS Long Beach – January 17th
- “The Business of Screen Printing: Beyond Pulling the Squeegee” ISS Long Beach – January 19th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – January 25th and 26th
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) February 21st
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.