Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We are excited to welcome in Brett Bowden of Printed Threads. Brett is an industry speaker, teacher, and writer as well as the owner of Printed Threads. They were recognized by Inc. magazine in 2015 as the 826th fastest growing company on their list of 5000. We are going to talk to Brett about what he sees as the future of garment decoration. Brett has been instrumental in putting together the line up for ThreadX so we are going to get a preview as well as discuss how his business is changing and what he believes is important for garment decorators in the years to come.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- SGIA to Award $30,000 in scholarships. Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) is currently accepting applications through April 30, 2018, for its annual scholarship program in conjunction with the Specialty Graphic Imaging Foundation. With the continued support of donations from endowment investors and industry leaders, the program will now award $2,000 to 15 students, an increase in recipients from 2017.
Future of Garment Decoration
Terry: Let’s start with you telling us a little bit about your business.
Aaron: You’ve experienced substantial growth in just 7-8 years. What’s the key to that growth?
Terry: It’s the start of a new year and the 2 Regular Guys are all about planning and looking into the crystal ball. Talk to us about your take on the future of garment decorating.
Aaron: For our listeners who are looking into their own crystal ball, what is your best advice to a garment decorator who is also looking for the kind of growth you’ve had?
Terry: We’re very much excited about the upcoming SGIA fueled ThreadX. Tell our listeners what to expect and what your part in the event will be.
Tamir Garb30:29 In my opinion, what I saw is the advantage that companies like Amazon entered the market because it gave me a chance to raise the price, and that’s what happened when DTG started. Every Change has advantages and disadvantages. See you next week in ISS. You guys are amazing.
Aaron: What are you seeing as the end result as we’re walking out the door on the last day.
Jim Jay Busselle33:51 Brett made an AMAZING comparison of the cost of a 4-year degree (which got most of us very little) to industry-specific knowledge at conferences that have market leaders willing to teach, inspire and give value!
Terry: Which speaker are you most looking forward to hearing from. Just between us, oh and the listeners…
Aaron: I understand you just returned from Hati. We have had Ryan Moor on the show previous to talk to us about All Made, and I know you are very involved too. Tell us about your trip and All Made Apparel.
Terry: Brett, tell our listeners where they can find you, and Printed Threads.
Jan Peterson Calahan52:09 Love seeing all three of you! Thanks!
Brett Bowden established Printed Threads in 2010 after being reacquainted with his love of screen printing. Having sold his first printing company in 2004, he spent many years traveling the country playing music. Upon graduating college with a Bachelor’s degree in music in 2009, it was evident that choosing a different career path would be necessary. So the old skill of screen printing came in pretty handy. Since Printed Threads started in 2010 it has grown from a garage to a four-automatic operation in Fort Worth, Texas. In 2015 Inc. magazine featured the company at #826 on their 5000 fastest growing companies list. You can find Brett teaching classes for Ryonet or writing articles for The Ink Kitchen on occasion. When not screen printing, he prefers to be sailing or traveling with his wife and three kids.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course –Workhorse Products – January 27-28
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Chicago – February 10-11
- Equipment & Supplies for a New Screen Printer: What you need for success! – DAX Kansas City – Friday, Feb 23 10:20AM
- Digital Marketing: Growing Your Business with Social Media and Email Marketing – DAX Kansas City – Friday, Feb 23 12:30PM – 1:50PM
- Finding New Niche Markets because you are a Digital Decorator – DAX Kansas City – Friday, Feb 23 2:20PM – 3:40PM
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Nashville – March 3-4
- PPAI Expo – Las Vegas – January 16-18, 2018
- ISS Long Beach, CA – January 19-21, 2018
- ASI Dallas – January 25-26, 2018
- NNEP Atlanta – February 2-3, 2018
- International Awards & Personalization Expo, Las Vegas – February 20-23, 2018
- DAX Kansas City – February 23-24, 2018
- ThreadX powered by SGIA – Palm Springs, CA – February 25-27, 2018
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
- Offering products as a single item instead of forcing cases on you.
- Changing shipping standards.
- Offering unique products from limited manufacturing partnerships.
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.