Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. On this week’s show, we discussed the upcoming spring garment decorating trade shows to help you schedule your travel and understand what going to be happening at the events. We will welcome in Dave Pomeroy from the NBM Shows to discuss their upcoming shows and 2018 schedule. We also had Erich Campbell and Jimmy Lamb in to discuss the DAX garment decorating trade shows.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past 4 years, 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
- Gildan Announces Completion of American Apparel Acquisition. The announcement comes as the latest development in an ongoing process by the company to acquire the brand. In early Jan. 2017, Gildan emerged as the winner in a New York court-supervised bankruptcy auction to acquire the American Apparel brand and a select set of assets including manufacturing equipment. The company says it also plans to unveil 2016 fourth-quarter earnings and full-year results in a conference call on Feb. 23, as well as discuss an overall business outlook for 2017. For more information, visit http://www.gildan.com/.
- Firecrest Designs reached out on Twitter asking for more info on Hiring. Said the Struggle is Real!
- Maxie Garb of T-Max in Israel tunes in while driving to sales calls!
Garment Decorating Trade Shows
Dave Pomeroy is the Vice President, Publishing and Markets at National Business Media, Inc. He is a father of 6 amazing daughters; runner; cyclist; and drummer according to his Twitter Bio. He studied Popular Culture at Bowling Green State University.
- Let’s start with the current Garment Decorating Trade Shows in Florida. How has it been so far?
- Tell us a little about the partnership with Graphics of the Americas and what that brings to your show?
- So what does the rest of 2017 hold for people looking to attend NBM Garment Decorating Trade Shows?
- We have heard a rumor that you guys have released your 2018 schedule already. That is exciting news, can you tell us about 2018?
- Is there anything else newsworthy you can share with us about what is going on over at NBM? We love to get the dirt…
- Where can people find out more and contact NBM about their Garment Decorating Trade Shows?
Welcome in Erich Campbell and Jimmy Lamb
- Let’s talk seminars at DAX.
- What are you looking forward to in Kansas City?
- What about MN and Chicagoland?
- DAX Online Magazine
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – March 11-12
- Sportswear Garage – How to Start a Home-based Garment Decorating Business – DAX Kansas City – March 3
- Being in Control of Your Screen Printing Production Schedule – DAX Kansas City – March 3
- Wide Format Sublimation, Cut and Sew and Other Product Enhancements – DAX Kansas City – March 4
- Using Digital Marketing Without Breaking the Bank – DAX Kansas City – March 4
- Becoming a Direct-to-Garment Decorator in 2017 – ISS Atlantic City Seminar – March 23rd
- Getting Smart with Some Simple Marketing Strategies – ISS Atlantic City Seminar – March 25th
- NBM Ft Lauderdale Feb 16-18 (Co-Locate with GOA)
- DAX Kansas City Mar 3-4
- NBM Arlington Mar 16-18
- ISS Atlantic City Mar 23-25
- DAX Minnesota Mar 31-Apr 1
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.