Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. On this week’s show, we welcome in James Beck who is a Graphic Designer at Lion Brothers. James has a degree in Graphic Design from Newbury College in Boston, MA and we are going to discuss with him how he got into garment decorating, and what the differences are from what he expected out of college. This will give us all some great insight on how our industry is viewed from the outside and also help us understand design mentality.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past 4 years, 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
- NBM has announced their 2018 shows, and have added locations.
- Arlington, TX, Sacramento, CA (new), Portland, OR, Cleveland, OH (new), Long Beach, CA, Secaucus, NJ, Indianapolis, IN, Charlotte, NC
- J. America signs a definitive merger agreement with Top of the World, a supplier of collegiate headwear in the U.S. As reported by Printwear Magazine
Terry – Nathan with Innovative Creative Solutions in Groveport, Ohio
Terry – A great friend of the show Kesa with Kesa Kreations in Kyle, Texas
Aaron – Jenn Tuxen of Rhythmic Tees in Shreveport, LA
Coming to the Garment Decorating Industry as a Traditional Graphic Designer
Terry: James, start out by giving us some background about you and what lead you to graphic design.
Aaron: Tell us about your design program in college and what your goals were at that point? What made you choose design as a career path?
Terry: What brought you to the garment decorating industry?
Aaron: What did you learn from your design program in college that translated well to you roles within the garment decorating industry?
Terry: What skills have your learned “on the job” that you wish you would have learned in college?
Aaron: In your college program, how were garment decorating tasks like color separations taught if they were taught at all?
Terry: We have had a lot of veterans on this program so at times we miss the younger perspective on things, so share with us your thoughts on where you see our industry in 5 years?
Aaron: So what can we expect out of you in the future? Where are you headed in our industry or out?
Terry: Thanks for joining us today James. Tell our listeners where they can find out more about you? – http://www.manypixls.com/
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – February 11-12
- The New World of Digital Decorating – Mind’s Eye Graphics in Decatur, IN – February 24-25
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – March 11-12
- Wide Format Sublimation, Cut and Sew and Other Product Enhancements – DAX Kansas City – March 4
- Using Digital Marketing Without Breaking the Bank – DAX Kansas City – March 4
- Getting Smart with Some Simple Marketing Strategies – ISS Atlantic City Seminar – March 25th
- ASI Dallas Feb 2-3
- NBM Ft Lauderdale Feb 16-18 (Co-Locate with GOA)
- DAX Kansas City Mar 3-4
- NBM Arlington Mar 16-18
- ISS Atlantic City Mar 23-25
- DAX Minnesota Mar 31-Apr 1
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.