Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We welcome back to the show, Johnny Shell, the Vice President of Technical Services for SGIA. He is going to bring us some information on the Educational Community and how it interacts with our industry, how you can get involved and what SGIA is doing to foster growth in our industry. We will get more details also about the continuing educational events that SGIA produces and more. If you like learning, this is the show for you!
Sponsored by: EnMart
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys is all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past two years, 2 Regular Guys has been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
Industry Educational Community
- Your perspective of the SkillsUSA National Contest event and how you thought it went and what it was all about?
- Why does SGIA get involved with organizations like SkillsUSA?
- At SkillsUSA I know you spoke with a lot of students and teachers there, but can you pick out one or 2 comments about the event you got from a student or teacher that stood out to you?
- What other educational groups or opportunities is SGIA involved with?
- How can our listeners get involved at the local level to support a sustainable future for our industry’s workforce?
- What workshops do you have coming up this year and tell us a little more about those?
- How about Webinars, what do you guys do there and what is coming up on that front?
- What are the great learning opportunities at the Expo this year. What things there stand out to you?
- SGIA has also reinstated its education committee. What are some of the activities and the charge of this committee?
Johnny Shell – Vice President of Technical Services for SGIA for the past seventeen years. In this role, he directs and coordinates the activities of the Technical Services department and works to educate the industry on the capabilities and viability of specialty printing. Shell also teaches numerous workshops annually, and his technical writings appear regularly in several top industry publications in the U.S. and abroad. In addition, Mr. Shell is a frequent speaker at industry events and trade show expositions both domestically and internationally. He has worked in the specialty imaging industry for the past 29 years, with experience ranging from optical media manufacturing to graphic and apparel printing. He has won numerous printing awards throughout his career, and is a member of the Academy of Screen & Digital Printing Technology, an international body of experts which honors qualified individuals through election to membership for their distinguished, long-term contributions to, and application and promotion of, screen and digital printing and associated imaging technologies for graphic, textile, industrial and electronic printing applications.
- NBM Long Beach – 7/23 to 7/25
- Embroidery Mart – 8/7 to 8/8
- NBM Philly – 8/28 to 8/30
- ISS Orlando – 9/10 to 9/12
- NBM Denver – 10/2 to 10/3
- ISS Ft Worth – 10/15 to 10/17
- SGIA Atlanta – 11/4 to 11/6
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – July 25-26
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – August 8-9
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: EnMart, While EnMart is well known as a supplier of quality garment decoration supplies and accessories, we pride ourselves on being more than just a seller of products. At EnMart, we are here for our customers, to inspire, educate, and provide the tools to help grow their businesses.
Whether your interests lie in sublimation, embroidery, or any other garment decoration, EnMart’s knowledgeable and experienced team is here to assist in any way they can.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter or Google +. You can also find information over at our You Tube Page.