Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. This spring has been a busy time for our industry. There have been many great trade show and Aaron has returned from FESPA in Cologne, Germany. Aaron will give you a full rundown of what he saw over there to catch you up on the latest trends in the industry. We will also have Dave Pomeroy from NBM on the show to give us a preview of the upcoming B.I.G. Show in Indianapolis. There is a ton of exciting stuff at that show and he will give us a sneak preview. We will also have Jeff Brown from the ISS Shows on to give us the final recap of ISS Nashville as well and preview ISS Orlando. Even if you could not make it to the show, you will feel like you were there.
Sponsored by: WholesaleGraphix.com (Use Coupon code SUMMER)
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys is all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past two years, 2 Regular Guys has been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
Industry Trade Show Updates
Jeff Brown – ISS Group Show Director
ISS Nashville – Jeff, we just wrapped up Nashville. What’s your assessment of that show?
ISS Orlando – Next up is Orlando on Sept 10-12. How’s that show shaping up?
You’ve got one more show this year after Orlando (Ft Worth, Oct 15-17). Plans well underway I imagine?
Dave Pomeroy – NBM Vice President, Publishing and Markets
NBM Arlington – Dave, Arlington is just in our rear view window. How do the folks at NBM feel about that event?
NBM Indy – You’ve got a big one next week. Beyond 2RG’s live broadcast, give us a little update on that show.
What else do you have on tap for 2015?
Terry: So Aaron how was your trip to Germany for the FESPA Show
Good trip, lots of walking and German Beer
- Story about walking from Hotel
- Story about the Grolsch Beers
Terry: So tell us about the show, what did you see there?
Massive show, took up 4 big halls and was jammed pack.
- US Companies there likeStahls, M&R, HP and Brother and then the usual Japanese companies we know here. Roland,Mimaki,OKI and Epson
- Epson showing a new F9200 Sublimation printer, Dual CMYK
- Aeoon was there with their own booth and Kornit had a huge booth.
- Saw a new DTG company called Polyprint – Making big claims about speed and low cost.
- Coolest machine was an automatic weeding machine from an Italian Company called Galileo. Pretty amazing but cost $160K
- Chemica had a cool product where it was a 2 color vinyl, kind of an outline that expended when heat pressed.
- SEFA had the first auto release swing away press I had ever seen.
- Silh coming to market with some new Sublimation Paper
- Sawgrass showing the new 24” printer
- Big shake up with Chromaluxe and a chinese company that was their trying to knock of their metal panels
Terry: So anything major happen over in Germany while you were there?
The was a train workers strike for just a day, but we never rode the train so didn’t really affect us. The Taxi’s are a bit crazy though.
- ASI Chicago – 7/15 to 7/16
- NBM Long Beach – 7/23 to 7/25
- Embroidery Mart – 8/7 to 8/8
- NBM Philly – 8/28 to 8/30
- ISS Orlando – 9/10 to 9/12
- NBM Denver – 10/2 to 10/3
- ISS Ft Worth – 10/15 to 10/17
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – July 25-26
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – August 8-9
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: WholesaleGraphix.com, As a screen printer or direct to garment printer WholesaleGraphix.com knows that you occasionally get asked if you make banners, signs, magnets or adhesive material. Instead of turning these customers down, or spending thousands of dollars on new equipment, you can now offer an array of new products to your customers with the click of the mouse. WholesaleGraphix.com is a wide format and direct to substrate printing service. Login to their website for instant wholesale quotes on all of their materials. Mark up the price, sell it to your customer and then upload the artwork to their servers. They print it and send it to you. It’s that easy. If you go to wholesalegraphix.com and use the discount code HAPPY before the end of the month, you will get 25% off of your first purchase. Check out Wholesale Graphix .com now.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter or Google +. You can also find information over at our You Tube Page.