Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. With 2017 on the horizon we are all looking at ways to make next year an even bigger success than 2016. We are in an age of internet marketing and you need to be implementing new strategies to keep up with the changing times. We are excited to welcome to the show, Tim, Jesse and JP from Inksoft. They are going to help us share with you, several great internet marketing tips. There will be strategies and tricks you can use right away.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past 4 years, 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
2017 Internet Marketing Tips. New Year’s Resolutions
Terry: So it’s 2017, this is the year where you’ll actually start a marketing budget! Where do we start?
- Establish a budget and stay committed using a fixed amount or % of sales.
- Seek out experts — they make you money.
- Pay-per-click: Search engine results and Social Media.
Aaron: Talk to us about getting involved in content and social media marketing!
- Find a platform that works for you – Facebook, Instagram.
- Vary your content – useful articles, articles from your blog, promotions. If they follow you, they already know who you are.
- Ask for customer photos.
- Tag your partners and customers, ask them for mentions.
- Facebook ads.
Terry: Everyone who’s ever been on the internet has heard the term SEO. Tell us what it really is and how to use it!
- Snake oil. What you really need to know about SEO.
- Describe your website and web pages — for human consumption.
- Start now — long term payoff.
- Inbound links and references.
Aaron: Let’s dig a little deeper into your web presence
- Your website is your identity.
- Your website is your the ‘nexus’ of ALL of your Internet marketing efforts. It’s the ‘end destination’.
- Two approaches. Shotgun/Reactive(CustomInk), Targeted/Proactive(Webstores)
- Shotgun. Great for having a central location to drive traffic, generate leads and sales. The site can also handle simple customer service tasks like FAQ, what products you carry or produce, where you are located, etc.
- Targeted. This approach effectively changes you from a decorator to a marketer, providing a platform for your customers to sell, market, and manage the orders that you produce.
- Invest in a SSL certificate to establish trust.
- Free no-brainer options: Google My Business — ask for reviews to legitimize
Aaron: Couple quick things to close us out. 1) What’s new at Inksoft? 2) Tell our audience how to find you.
JP is a coffee enthusiast and technology addict. He’s also the co-founder of InkSoft, an Inc 500 fastest-growing software company that provides a complete solution for decorators to sell online and grow their businesses. With over 10 years of experience in the industry, his focus is on weaving together digital marketing and strategic planning to solve the problems printers face every day.
Tim’s been a part of this industry for over 13 years. During that time, he’s gotten his hands dirty with everything from vehicle graphics to ecommerce, production management, and screen printing. Today, he’s with InkSoft, helping decorators streamline their businesses and increase their sales.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – November 12-13
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – December 10-11
- The New World of Digital Decorating – Mind’s Eye Graphics in Decatur, IN – February 24-25
- The New World of Digital Decorating – Equipment Zone in Franklin Lakes, NJ (NYC Area) – :::Coming Soon:::
- PPAI Expo Jan 10-12
- ASI Orlando Jan 19-20
- ISS Long Beach Jan 20-22
- CREATIVATION (CHA Show) Jan 21-23
- NBM Ft Lauderdale Feb 16-18 (Co-Locate with GOA)
- DAX Kansas City Mar 3-4
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.