Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Erich Campbell of Black Duck Screen Printing and Embroidery is going to join us to talk about the thriving movie prop business in Albuquerque, New Mexico as well as what the process is like when working with movie and TV production teams to outfit them in customer wear. Erich always has wonderful insight about a lot of things so we will pick his brain!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past 4 years, 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
- Marshall Atkinson has named Superior Merch as the winner of the 2017 Printwear Kickoff Shop Improvement Contest. The Ashland, Ohio-based company provides a variety of apparel decoration services including screen printing, direct-to-garment, and embroidery. Contestants submitted a short outline detailing their shop’s biggest challenges to Atkinson Consulting as part of the contest. As the winner, Superior Merch receives a free one-hour coaching session with Marshall. Atkinson also plans to publish a blog that outlines Superior’s challenges and provides detailed solutions.
- Gildan wins a court-supervised auction to acquire the American Apparel brand and assets with a final cash bid of roughly $88 million. As first Reported in Printwear Magazine
Garment Production for the Movies
Erich Campbell is an award-winning embroidery digitizer, long-time industry blogger, writer and educator, and a current columnist for Printwear Magazine, his blog and links to the many social media outlets he frequents can be found at erichcampbell.com.
Terry: Welcome back Erich. So start off by telling us about the movie scene in Albuquerque. (And are you that guy who says in the theater a little too loud, “I made that!”)
Aaron: What types of things are movies looking to have made? Who do you work with?
Terry: How did Black Duck get started in this very defined niche market?
Aaron: What are the challenges in working with TV and Film?
Terry: What sets Black Duck apart in this space?
Aaron: Speaking of niche markets, what other areas are the key focus for Black Duck? Are you primarily selling the New Mexico marketplace?
Terry: I know you’ve got several irons in the fire. Tell our listeners what you have on tap for 2017 outside of your work at Black Duck?
Aaron: Thanks for joining us again today, Erich. Tell us again (other than on our weekly Live Chat) can listeners find you?
- Getting Smart with Some Simple Marketing Strategies – ISS Long Beach Seminar – January 22nd
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – February 11-12
- The New World of Digital Decorating – Mind’s Eye Graphics in Decatur, IN – February 24-25
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – March 11-12
- ASI Orlando Jan 19-20
- ISS Long Beach Jan 20-22
- CREATIVATION (CHA Show) Jan 21-23
- NBM Ft Lauderdale Feb 16-18 (Co-Locate with GOA)
- DAX Kansas City Mar 3-4
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.