Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. As with all things in life, change is inevitable, and change happens within our industry. People move and change jobs, but never leave our great industry. We welcomed 2 gentlemen to the show who have recently moved within in our industry. We talked to them about the process of moving, what they are most excited about for the future and what they are up to nowadays. Thanks to Erich Campbell and Marshall Atkinson for talking about being on the move in our industry.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past 4 years, 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
- Heat Transfer Warehouse gave U.S. troops “a touch of home” this month by participating in Operation Shoebox—a non-profit that provides hands-on support for troops deployed overseas and returning home with care packages. The company gathered everyday necessities like deodorant and shampoo to Starburst candy and magazines.
- The M&R Companies announce the acquisition of Novus Imaging. The New Hampshire-based company is a highly regarded manufacturer of digital printing equipment. Novus Imaging products include the large-format ULTRA flatbed LED printer, the SYNERGIA hybrid flatbed & roll-to-roll UV printer, and the PICTORA high-speed digital board production UV Printer.
- If you’re an ISS seminar speaker or you want to be, they announced they will be extending the deadline to Friday, May 5. Apply Here
People on the Move in Our Industry
- Erich and Marshall, welcome to the show. Let’s start with a short description of your new position.
- Marshall, I understand you have relocated for this job. Tell us about that decision and the nuts and bolts of that.
- So let’s have a discussion about changing jobs in the industry. What would you describe as the most difficult part?
- Let’s look at the opposite end of the spectrum. What’s the best part of a job change?
- I’m sure some of our listeners are considering a job change. Any advice?
- We are all friends here, but just to give today’s show a little edge, let’s talk a little more about the space you are both now in from a software perspective. What does your past experience bring and how is that going to be used in your current role?
- Tell us where people can find out more about you and your new company?
Marshall Atkinson: Tempe, AZ based, Marshall Atkinson is the program manager for the InkSoft Production Manager tool. This software is targeted for decorated apparel shops to easily automate production scheduling, help make proactive decisions, and understand shop production metrics to build better efficiency. Atkinson frequently contributes to industry trade magazines, and speaks at trade shows.
Erich Campbell: Erich Campbell is the Partner Relationship Manager for DecoNetwork, an integrated apparel decoration business, job, and customer management tool with a fully-featured E-Commerce site builder and a robust online design system. Erich was a long-time embroidery digitizer and designer, doing everything from operating embroidery machines and designing for sublimation to building and maintaining online stores. He writes regularly for industry magazines like Printwear and Images Magazine UK and hosts in-person seminars at trade shows.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – June 10-11
- ISS Nashville May 18 – 20
- NBM Indianapolis – Jun 1 – 3
- ASI Chicago – Jul 12 – 13
- NBM Long Beach – Jul 20 – 22
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.