Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. This week we welcome back into the show, Matt Vassallo of The Rhinestone World. He is a popular industry speaker and a wonderful educator who is going to share with us how to be profitable with Rhinestone and Vinyl decoration. He is going to dive into the numbers for us and teach us how to understand where you need to be to be successful. We will use his extensive experience with rhinestones and heat transfer vinyl to give us an indepth look at costing and pricing your cutting plotter embellishments.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Nate Leber in Central Ohio
Rhinestones and Vinyl by the Numbers
Tell us a little bit about Price It Right: It’s a Business Not a Hobby (Rhinestones, HTV, and Sign Vinyl)
Talk to us about the impact of production time as it pertains to your costs.
Let’s talk about paying the bills – our overhead expenses and breaking them down.
Now we’re getting to the part that listeners tuned in to hear. How about the actual costs of producing a product?
Let’s talk about what we charge and making a profit.
Anything you want to share to wrap up this portion?
Traci Cecelia Dunn52:09 I think you have to do the multi-dec designs like Matt showed to really benefit because the complete Rhinestone designs because those are more labor intensive and higher price.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Chicago – February 10-11
- Equipment & Supplies for a New Screen Printer: What you need for success! – DAX Kansas City – Friday, Feb 23 10:20AM
- Digital Marketing: Growing Your Business with Social Media and Email Marketing – DAX Kansas City – Friday, Feb 23 12:30PM – 1:50PM
- Finding New Niche Markets because you are a Digital Decorator – DAX Kansas City – Friday, Feb 23 2:20PM – 3:40PM
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Nashville – March 3-4
- PPAI Expo – Las Vegas – January 16-18, 2018
- ISS Long Beach, CA – January 19-21, 2018
- ASI Dallas – January 25-26, 2018
- NNEP Atlanta – February 2-3, 2018
- International Awards & Personalization Expo, Las Vegas – February 20-23, 2018
- DAX Kansas City – February 23-24, 2018
- ThreadX powered by SGIA – Palm Springs, CA – February 25-27, 2018
- NBM Arlington, TX – March 8-10, 2018
- ISS Atlantic City, NJ – March 15-17, 2018
- DAX Minnesota – April 6-7, 2018
- NBM Sacramento – April 13-14, 2018
- DAX Chicagoland – April 27-28, 2018
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
- Offering products as a single item instead of forcing cases on you.
- Changing shipping standards.
- Offering unique products from limited manufacturing partnerships.
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.