Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Aaron and Terry are just back from the SGIA Expo that was just held in New Orleans, LA and they will share the news, the latest and greats and general happening from the show for those that could be there and maybe just wanted a recap. They are also going to welcome back to the show Marshall Atkinson of Inksoft to tell us about an upcoming event they are hosting, called MaxProfit. We might even give away some tickets so tune in to find out.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Shoutout to our faithful listener Kesa from Kesa Kreations in Kyle, Texas
— Kesa (@kesa1053) October 13, 2017
November 10, 2017
- Mark Coudray – pricing effectively and sell on value.
- Tom Rauen – marketing your shop, building a better customer base.
- Alan Howe – saving money in production & building better margins.
- Marshall Atkinson – tighten up your workflow and the value of speed.
- Brad Sullivan – how the right garment can add value to your bottom line.
- JP Hunt – what’s ahead for InkSoft and the value of the platform.
Plus a Roundtable Q&A with all the speakers.
- Incredible networking with shop owners and thought leaders.
- Breakfast & Lunch provided.
- We have a block of hotel rooms for those that want to get here…deadline to book that is 10/20.
2 Regular Guys Contest Promo
- Have to want to go to the event and be able to make it. It’s at InkSoft in Tempe, AZ.
- Post on Twitter “I want to go” and include the event link – https://www.inksoft.com/become-more-profitable-maxprofit-2018/ with the hashtag #MaxProfit2018 in your post.
- Winners will be drawn at random and announced on the 2 Regular Guys show on Friday 10/20.
- You get two tickets to the event.
Marshall Atkinson is the program manager for the InkSoft Production Manager tool. This software is targeted for decorated apparel shops to easily automate production scheduling, help make proactive decisions, and understand shop production metrics to build better efficiency. Atkinson frequently contributes to industry trade magazines, and speaks at trade shows. He shares relevant content through the InkSoft blog, videos, webinars, and live events. He also is the host of The Big Idea, an industry podcast that focuses on best industry practices for shops and is published the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month.
SGIA 2017 Recap
- Unlike most other shows, this one focuses on meetings – Movers, shakers, players, and would-be players in our industry worldwide
- SAATI Direct to Screen System
- Neenah Bought Coldenhove
- Stahls Stuff – Tune Next Week
- ThreadX – Garment Luncheon
- Kudos to SGIA – Mosaic was cool
- Brother GTX Printer
- Brian Walker RTP Apparel
- Epson 9370 Sublimation Printer
- A couple of software folks who are doing some new things post-SGIA that we’ll be discussing here on 2RG
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course –Workhorse Products – Nov 4-5
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Chicago – Nov 11-12
- NBM Charlotte – Oct 26 – 28
- ThreadX powered by SGIA – Palm Springs, CA – Feb 25-27, 2018
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
Aaron’s New Company
- Offering products as a single item instead of forcing cases on you.
- Changing shipping standards.
- Offering unique products from limited manufacturing partnerships.
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.