Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Aaron welcomes in Jim Tenholder from ISW to talk about the latest market buzz, White Toner Transfers. Jim and Aaron will discuss what these white toner laser transfer systems are all about, how they fit into the personalization market and also also give some tips and tricks for making the OKI Data printers become the most loved piece of equipment in your business. White Toner Transfers!
Sponsored by: EnMart
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys is all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past two years, 2 Regular Guys has been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
White Toner Transfers
Jim Tenholder who is the Dealer Sales Manager and Imaging Supplies Warehouse. Jim is a master distributor of the OKI Data Transfer Systems including the wildly popular White Toner printers we are going to talk about today and has an extensive background in the laser printer and copier market.
- Tell us a little bit about your background and what brought you to our industry?
- Tell us about the OKI Printer and why it seems to be the only printer in the transfer market place? Why not HP or Canon or Brother?
- Only laser or LED Printer that is warrantied to run transfer paper
- Straight through print path to keep the transfer paper from ruining the printer.
- Fuser designed to handle transfer paper without wrapping around it.
- I know for our company these OKI’s have really changed our position on Laser Transfers, why do these printers seem to be a game changer?
- Laser Transfer Paper can carry a bad name with them that just isnt true any longer.
- Whenever we we show this product people always say “This is not what I think of when I hear transfer”
- Transfers are vibrant, soft, self weeding and durable
- Works with a variety of garments including nylon, silk, polyester and cotton and with hard surface items like ceramic, wood, metal and even leather.
- So explain to us to process how do I go about making a black tshirt with these systems?
- Two or one paper systems for darks
- So does the heat press make a difference?
- Yes (explain)
- What is the durability and wash-ability of these garments?
- 35 – 40 washes before any significant deterioration.
- Additional software that can increase these components
- Are there limitations to the items you can transfer to?
- This is depends on the transfer paper and press you are using
- Some papers require temperatures in the 300 in order for the adhesive power of the transfer paper to work
- Other transfer papers adhesive power starts as low as 180 degrees
- Must be flat enough to get a good firm pressure on it from the press
- Use of foam pads and other accessories can assist with this
- What are the costs associated with these systems? How much does it cost per shirt and what should I expect to pay if I wanted to get into these systems?
- You can get into one of these systems as low as $3,500 that is less than $100 per month on a 60 month lease to own option
- OK so what are the drawback to these systems. It can all be rainbows and puppies.
- Extended Durability
- Limited to 11 x17 transfer sheet
- What is the most surprising thing to you about this market? The most unexpected thing you have learned or heard?
- The vast number of systems in this market
- It really can get confusing for someone who is getting started in the market to figure out what is the best route to go
- The number of companies that have a major presence in this market
- How much people love stretching garments
- NBM Philly – 8/28 to 8/30
- ISS Orlando – 9/10 to 9/12
- NBM Denver – 10/2 to 10/3
- ISS Ft Worth – 10/15 to 10/17
- SGIA Atlanta – 11/4 to 11/6
- 25th Anniversary Open House – Coastal Business Supplies in St. Louis, – September 25th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – September 19-20
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – November 14-16
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: EnMart, While EnMart is well-known as a supplier of quality garment decoration supplies and ccessories, we pride ourselves on being more than just a seller of products. At EnMart, we are here for our customers, to inspire, educate, and provide the tools to help grow their businesses.
Whether your interests lie in sublimation, embroidery, or any other garment decoration, EnMart’s knowledgeable and experienced team is here to help in any way they can.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter or Google +. You can also find information over at our You Tube Page.