Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We welcome to the show our producer, Erich Campbell as a guest to help us discuss fulfillment and outsourcing. Erich has spent the last year working with DecoNetwork as their Partner Relationship Manager as well as spending 13 years with Black Duck. Both of those experiences have involved understanding fulfillment and outsourcing. We will dive in with him and give you some great tips and advice for fulfillment and outsourcing from both sides.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Friday the 27th, today, is the deadline for ISS presentation proposals for the 2019 shows.
SkillsUSA – Supporting the Next Generation of Printers – We are always looking for prizes for the student winners in both the Screen Printing and Graphic Imaging-Sublimation competitions. If you’d like to donate a prize to the student winners, please fill out the PDF form
NOTE TO SCHOOLS:
Students: The April 30 SGIA Scholarship deadline is in one week — complete your submission today!
Teachers: Enter your students’ best works in the ASDPT Tom Frecska Student Printing Competition by September 1. Entries will be displayed on the 2018 SGIA Expo floor (October 18–20; Las Vegas), and Best of Show winners receive $500 toward their education and $500 for their schools!
Toner Transfer Tips and Paper Selection
Aaron: I think the first thing we need to explain to our audience is, what is fulfillment and outsourcing?
Terry: I’ve had great experiences and I’ve had some pretty bad ones. What are some downsides to this, and what can you do to lessen the risk of pain?
Aaron: That was the glass half empty portion of the show. Talk to us about the glass half full. What are the upsides?
Erich: Certainly among the upsides is the ability to handle jobs that are beyond your production capacity- too friendly, decorators get stuck on process. We are creative people, we want to make things, and that means we want to do that creative work, but we forget the business side, both how we can increase profit and how we can actually make room for what we really want to do by leveraging outsourcing.
Erich: Now, in the companies, I have worked in, we’ve been on both sides of the supply and fulfillment coin, both as custom and contract decorators, as well as full e-commerce store-runners and fulfillment agents. I think there’s a lot of opportunities there provided a shop keeps efficiency well in mind. What should a shop take into account when they want to be the ‘production machine behind the scenes’?
- Equipment & Supplies for a New Screen Printer: What you need for success! – DAX Chicagoland – Friday, April 27 10:20AM – 11:40 AM
- Digital Marketing: Growing Your Business with Social Media and Email Marketing – DAX Chicagoland – Friday, April 27 12:30 PM – 1:50 PM
- Finding New Niche Markets because you are a Digital Decorator – DAX Chicagoland – Friday, April 27 2:20 PM – 3:40 PM
- Night Shift: Embroidery Digitizing- Designs from Concept to Completion DAX Chicagoland – Friday, April 27 6PM – 9PM
- Version 8 release for DecoNetwork with Marketing Manager Victor Marquez on Monday 30th at 2PM Eastern
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – June 9-10
- Screen Print Master Class: Stepping Up to the Next Level (Phoenix, AZ – Aug. 25-26, 2018)
- DAX Chicagoland – April 27-28, 2018
- ISS Houston – May 3-5, 2018
- NBM Portland – May 11-12, 2018
- NBM Cleveland – June 15-16, 2018
- ASI Chicago – July 25-26, 2018
- NBM Long Beach, CA – August 2-4, 2018
- NNEP Nashville – August 17-18, 2018
- NBM Secaucus, NJ – August 24-25, 2018
- ISS Orlando – September 6-8, 2018
- NBM Indianapolis – September 13-15, 2018
- ISS Ft. Worth, TX – September 27-29, 2018
- SGIA Expo – Las Vegas, NV – October 18-20, 2018
- NBM Charlotte, NC – November 2-3, 2018
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
SubliSource – Sublimation just got easier with the launch of sublisource.com, the new US distributor for Best Sublimation. Our mission is to help our partners grow with a different way of doing business compared to all the “Me too” distributors in the United States.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.