Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Business plans are one of those things that everyone talks about needing, but in reality, most people don’t take the time to put one together. They have a PR problem as a useless document that no one needs anymore. Well, Terry and Aaron discuss why you need the guardrail for your business and the key elements that should be included. Learn about developing your “why”, defining the people, creating a marketing plan, goals and milestones, budgets and your operational planning keys. This is a great overview of the process as well as providing some tools you can go reference.
Sponsored by: Embrilliance (Use Code 2RG)
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Pantone Color Institute unveils a color developed for comedian and late-night television host Conan O’Brien. The institute unveiled the shade, known as Team Coco Orange (158 C) late last week. The hue is a proprietary combination of yellow and red that forms a bright orange shade. “Team Coco Orange elicits this whole feeling of spontaneity, (an) impish sense of impulsiveness and a playful sense of fun,” says Laurie Pressman, vice president of Pantone Color Institute, in a recent video posted on the comedian’s YouTube page.
Disney Launches Web Store That Lets Consumers Personalize Branded Merchandise – Disney is jumping into the online swag personalization business – and that could have negative implications for some companies in the screenprinting/promotional products industry. In a blog announcement this week, Disney said it has launched an online store featuring authentic Disney apparel and gear that anyone can personalize using a web-based design tool.
Heat Printing Technology in 2019
Aaron: How are decorators feeling about the future of the industry?
Erich: What are some of the challenges decorators face in this current environment?
Aaron: A surprising statistic from this report was that 39% of decorators do not have a business website. Talk to us about that and what you think that means for the promo products world.
Erich: In the article, you give some excellent tips for growing your business. Would you mind sharing some of that with us now?
Aaron: Let’s continue that thought with tips for buying equipment.
Erich: We know that things have changed for us and how we operate; where are the customers for decorators compared with last year’s report?
Aaron: We love talking niche markets on 2RG’s. Give us your tips for breaking into a niche market.
Erich: Being that we are here, live streaming on social, you know we care about social media. How did the survey respondents view the world of social media and its bearing on the current market?
Aaron: You published some social media tips. Want to share those ideas with our listeners?
Theresa Hegel is the executive editor of Wearables Magazine, the vision of the decorated-apparel industry. A former journalist at several daily newspapers, Hegel has received a number of accolades for her writing, including the prestigious Jesse H. Neal Award, considered the “Pulitzer Prize of business journalism.” Welcome back to the show, Theresa!
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday Morning at 11:30 AM EST | 8:30 AM PST
- January 18, 2019 – Learning to Digitize: The 2 Kinds of Embroidery Knowledge (ISS Long Beach, CA)
- January 19, 2019 – The Scientific Stitcher – Measurement and Testing (ISS Long Beach, CA)
- January 20, 2019 – Embroidery Pricing Models Explained (ISS Long Beach, CA)
- February 16-17, 2019 – Complete Screen Printing Business Course (Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago)
- February 22, 2019 – Developing a Business Plan (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – Being Customer Centric EQUALS More Profits (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – Put Your New Screen Printing Business on a Path to Success! (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – The DTG Process & Finding the Perfect Niche Market (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – The Digitizing Difference: Foam, Gradients, and Performancewear (DAX Kansas City)
- February 23, 2019 – Patch Making for Fun and Profit (DAX Kansas City)
- March 25-27, 2019 – Totally T-Shirts! Garment Screen Printing: Basic to Advanced Workshop (Fairfax, VA)
- NBM Phoenix – February 1-2, 2019
- ASI Ft Worth – February 5-6, 2019
- APA Las Vegas – February 12-15, 2019
- ThreadX Powered by SGIA – February 17-19, 2019
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2019
- IPIC Las Vegas – March 4-5,2019
- ISS Atlantic City – March 21-23, 2019
- NBM – Irving, TX – March 28-30, 2019
- DAX Minnesota – April 5-6, 2019
- ISA SignExpo – April 24-26, 2019
- DAX Chicago – May 3-4, 2019
- NBM Milwaukee – May 17-18, 2019
- ISS Houston – June 6-8, 2019
- ASI Chicago – July 10-11, 2019
- NBM Meadowlands – July 25-26, 2019
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.