Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. The 2 Regular Guys have put together their own Top 10 List of Niche Markets specifically for the direct-to-garment decorator. This show will be a lead into the weekend DTG Academy in Franklin Lakes, NJ (outside NYC) at EquipmentZone.com. Tell us what some of your favorite Niche Markets for DTG decorators.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- STAHLS’ continued its annual participation in the NFL Draft with behind-the-scenes and on-demand decoration. The 2018 draft marked the seventh year the company has provided services for the sports league. Taking place April 26–28 at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, the high-profile event only required the company’s decorators onsite for a few hours but takes “months of preparation,” explains Josh Ellsworth, vice president of sales, dealer channel, because of all the variables.
- The winners of FESPA’s 2018 Awards were announced at its annual Gala Dinner, which took place at the Classic Remise in Berlin on Wednesday 16 May, during FESPA Global Print Expo 2018.
Top 10 Niche Markets for DTG Decorators
Terry: Aaron, let me start by saying this is my list based on conversations every day and at events across the country. Not scientific but the 10 categories I discuss most with users and wannabe users. This is a preview of what Jay Busselle and I will be discussing during the DTG Academy this weekend in New Jersey.
1) Events of a lifetime – whale watching, deep sea fishing
2) Service providers – lawn care, window washers, movers, etc. where you be the warehouse
3) Bars, taverns, restaurants – staff garments and gift shop items
4) Parties and corporate events – onsite custom printing
5) Dance, cheer, gymnastics – teams, events and competitions
6) Car enthusiasts – car shows, clubs, race tracks
7) Realtors – promotional and new home gifts
8) Schools – including booster clubs, school stores, teams, class shirts
9) Family reunions – RIP shirts included here
10) Military – active duty, ROTC, veteran groups
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday at 11 AM EST / 8 AM PST
- Complete DTG Business Course – Equipment Zone, New Jersey – June 2-3
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – June 9-10
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – July 21-22
- Screen Print Master Class: Stepping Up to the Next Level Phoenix, AZ – Aug. 25-26
- NBM Cleveland – June 15-16, 2018
- ASI Chicago – July 25-26, 2018
- NBM Long Beach, CA – August 2-4, 2018
- NNEP Nashville – August 17-18, 2018
- NBM Secaucus, NJ – August 24-25, 2018
- ISS Orlando – September 6-8, 2018
- NBM Indianapolis – September 13-15, 2018
- ISS Ft. Worth, TX – September 27-29, 2018
- SGIA Expo – Las Vegas, NV – October 18-20, 2018
- NBM Charlotte, NC – November 2-3, 2018
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
SubliSource – Sublimation just got easier with the launch of sublisource.com, the new US distributor for Best Sublimation. Our mission is to help our partners grow with a different way of doing business compared to all the “Me too” distributors in the United States.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.